Hardwood Flooring For Sale Kijiji
MONTREAL – Aback Marie-Pier Veilleux was younger, she acclimated to adulation “running about barn sales” attractive for knick-knacks and old furniture. Veilleux, who is now 32 and the mother of a babyish boy, hails from Quebec City, but she advised “all over the place,” active in Berlin; Lille, France; and Brussels. She is currently in allegation of appropriate projects and development for the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal.
["388"]Along the way, she met artist and accompanist Yann Perreault and, like abounding adolescent couples afore they face the responsibilities of parenthood, they went globe-trotting. They backward in India for brace of months. During their travels, Veilleux best up yet added absorbing pieces to accompany aback to Montreal.
The home she shares with Perreault and their little one is busy with abounding of her collectibles. They alive on the arena attic of a triplex in the Plateau, in a 130-year-old architecture with a terrasse, garden, two-storey barn and “one and a half” bedrooms.
Q: A “half-bedroom?”
A: (Laughs). The additional bedchamber is absolutely alone big abundant for a baby. It’s so tiny! I’ve no abstraction what it was originally, but I anticipate the autogenous has been afflicted absolutely a bit. Our own bedroom, though, is huge.
(She shows the adept bedroom, which is absolutely abundant beyond than the barometer for this blazon of apartment. It is furnished with an IKEA bed, which she explains is “very applied because it has drawers beneath for storage,” a ample apparel and a handsome set of ancillary tables and chest of drawers that Veilleux best up at a barn sale.
Opposite the bedchamber is a good-size kitchen with avant-garde appliances. At one end, center up the wall, is an aperture that looks over a amplitude abounding with children’s toys — babyish Milor’s comedy area. Beside the kitchen is a aperture arch to the terrasse and a long, abandoned backyard.)
["388"]Q: The blueprint of your accommodation is ideal for adopting a family. How did you acquisition this place?
A: It wasn’t actual easy. Yann and I had been active in an accommodation in La Petite Patrie but it was on the third floor, so aback I became pregnant, I didn’t appetite to be accustomed a babyish up and bottomward the stairs.
We capital to about-face to a ground-floor accommodation with a garden, but in the Plateau, they’re adamantine to acquisition for beneath $2,000 a month. Our account was $1,500, and in that amount ambit there were a lot of added adolescent families attractive for absolutely the aforementioned affectionate of place.
I started attractive in September (2012). Every morning, I was blockage my iPad, analytic Kijiji, Craigslist. We eventually begin this abode aloof afore Christmas. We were able to move in February (2013), by which time I was 35-weeks pregnant.
Q: A abutting shave! But I accept you didn’t accept to do any renovations because, although the accommodation is old, it was in acceptable shape?
A: Yes. Our feudatory had avant-garde it absolutely because she had lived actuality herself. From that point of view, we were lucky.
["388"](We airing through to the bifold living/dining room, which has an credible brick wall, balk floors and an entrance in the middle, belted by accompanying pillars. Furnished with some of Veilleux’s finds — a mirror affected in a elastic tire, an abstruse account bizarre with sparkles best up in India, the abject of an ancient treadle apparatus that serves as a ancillary table, a black, vinyl-covered daybed and a circular, glass-topped dining table with chrome legs and bristles analogous atramentous and chrome chairs.)
Q: I accumulate there’s a adventure abaft your dining set?
A: I saw it in a abbey basement in Lévis but my mom wasn’t too sure, so I didn’t buy it. A while later, aback I was belief in Brussels, I dreamt about it. I alleged my mom from there and said “You charge to go and get this table!” She did and my parents stored it until I got back.
(It’s credible a artist additionally lives in the apartment. Against one bank is a almanac chiffonier with a turntable and an absorbing accumulating of vinyl albums. An cyberbanking keyboard stands at one end of the room, a harmonium at the other.)
We begin the harmonium on Îles-de-la-Madeleine. We bought it from a admirer alleged Byron Clark who had adequate it to its aboriginal condition. He alien it to us by baiter but it isn’t aloof a nice allotment of furniture. It plays!
Shelter is a account alternation featuring a chat with tenants or address owners.
["388"]Occupants: Marie-Pier Veilleux, 32; Yann Perreault, 38; and 16-month-old Milor
Location: Plateau
Size: 2 bedrooms, backyard and a two-storey garage
Rent: $1,300
Been there: Since February 2013
["388"]
["388"]
["388"]
["388"]
["388"]
["388"]
["388"]